Friday, March 13, 2015

Countdown to Spring



Recently, my sister, Leanne, mentioned that it would be cool if I did something for Spring kind of like what I did for our Advent calendar at Christmas. I thought that was a really clever idea. I'm just as sick of the cold, dreary weather as the next person, and I thought doing a countdown to Spring would be a great way to celebrate and look forward the change of seasons.



I didn't want to go overboard with this, so I tried to use mainly what I already had on hand. The only items I bought for the Spring Countdown were the pink favor boxes and candy to put inside. All other items were some I had stashed in my craft closet, including: Chalk labels, Easter basket grass, decorative eggs, enclosure cards, and Sharpies.


I put Easter basket grass in each favor box, added candy (Starburst Jelly Beans, and Hershey's Eggs), and added an enclosure card with an activity for each of the remaining days until the first day of Spring (March 20th).

Here are some examples of the activities I used:
*Scavenger hunt-- green leaf, flower, feather, lady bug or roly poly, pine cone, rock, bird nest
*Tea party outside on a blanket
*Go through spring clothes and shoes. Donate or sell items that no longer fit.
*plant flowers
*Memorize an Easter scripture
*Try a new Spring recipe
*Make a bird feeder
*Make a Spring craft
*Make a butterfly feeder
*Freshen up our bird feeder

You could choose any activity that would work well with your family and the ages of your children.




Instead of leaving the boxes lined up on the buffet, I decided to use my tiered server to display the boxes. I used green Easter basket grass and some decorative eggs to add a little pizzazz to the display. Again, these were items I already had on hand. 








I can't wait for my girls to see their treats! And I also am looking forward to doing the activities with them. Here's to the coming of Spring and all of the wonderful things that come with it! Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...